Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Adventures in Getting By

I am here, I am still alive, and yes, my bills are even all paid up.

We have been blessed with a few unexpected influxes of cash these last few days and it has been a big help. Bills are now paid and there is at least something in the savings account again!

Hubby is still on the hunt for a job and toying with the idea of going to school...we'll see.

But the garden is doing great. We've been eating salads and beans. I kinda wished I would've started weighing things, but I guess I'll wait until next year to start that.

What I thought was my Stevia plant turned out to be a weed, but I couldn't be sure until it got big enough, so the stevia is a no go so far. I planted seeds again yesterday...but tomorrow is going to be a whopping 70 degrees (F), so I don't know if it'll germinate this weekend or not. I am also pretty much convinced that the lady I freecycled oregano from gave me to oregano plants instead of a marjoram plant as well. So lots of oregano!

I have a few baby pumpkins already, and they're really making me wish I would've planted watermelons. Oooh I want a watermelon. Maybe I'll stop at the farmers market tomorrow and get one...yum.

I've decided to definitely add more beds next year. Yeah!! I can grow things outside, just not inside I guess :)

And last weekend I took a full inventory of the pantry and freezer in the kitchen as well as the basement freezer and pantry. We have plenty of food to be able to just get the basics at the grocery, but we'll definitely have to cut back on what we've been accustomed to eating. No more Kashi Cinnamon Harvest and no more Diet Dr. Pepper for me...and no more Monster for Hubby. Though, I was able to get a really great deal on Kashi at Target this week, so I did get a box :)

Heading to a huge garage sale in my mom's hometown tomorrow and I hope to get some pictures of after that. The garden really is doing well. I have trees for potato plants. Let's just hope there are potatoes under them!

Thanks everyone for bearing with me as I spend my time trying to save money instead of talking about it! I will be back, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment