Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Menu Monday (on Tuesday)


I have been menu planning, I just haven't had time to post lately with everything. But I have found that now, more than ever, menu planning for me is important.

The weekend after my Hubby lost his job, I spent part of the time going through the basement pantry and freezer as well as the pantry and freezer in the kitchen to know exactly what I have to I can plan well and use what we have so we can spend very minimal amounts on groceries. So far it has been very helpful :) I am happy to say both freezers are full and the pantries aren't too far behind. I just made a huge batch of chicken stock and got beef bones from the meat locker to make beef stock. I think we'll be okay for a while just getting dairy and fruit for a while :)

I have been making chicken salad on the weekend for Hubby's lunch and a couple of loaves of bread. A lot more sandwiches these days! All of the lunch difficulty I've had with Hubby as a result of him working outside based out of a truck are gone. Yeah! As much as it pains me, the already cooked chickens from Sams club are the cheapest and easiest route for me to go, so that's what I did. It works. I also froze cut up onions and celery (along with the peppers I had before), so it makes it very quick and easy to whip up some chicken salad!

I've also been making a big effort to keep up with snack sized products...jello and pudding for instance. This makes it much easier for me to

So for this week's menu:
Monday - we had tacos. They were delicious!
Tuesday - grilled chicken (extra for lunch), potatoes and salads (from the garden).
Wednesday - pork roast (I went to a wonderful meat locker this weekend and got some fresh pork shoulder!) with dry rub in my new dutch oven ($1 at garage sale!) and then leftovers for sandwiches!.
Thursday - quinoa, breaded pork chops and green beans (from the garden)
Friday - Dinner at our place*! Grilled chicken, corn on the cob (from the farm stand) and potatoes.
Saturday - this is up in the air...don't know where we'll be or what we'll be doing.
Sunday - homemade pizza.

(*Yes Kira, we will be eating at our place this weekend. Hubby is starting to catch on!)

For more menus, check out www.orgjunkie.com.

Stay tuned for more pics, they're coming soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. I love the corn on the cob my grandpa gets from "the farm"...it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete