Last week didn't go as planned, but I should plan for that any week!
Things I didn't do:
- make granola bars
- make burritos for the freezer
- blanch and freeze carrots
- eat with friends on Friday - we just ate leftovers instead
- cook on Sunday - we went out for wings
- make icecream
- make buns
- make dog treats
- make peanut butter
- replant the peas - though I did rip out the dying ones
- work on the berry patches
Things I did differently:
- made tortellini on Wednesday, not Thursday
- made chicken Enchiladas on Thursday
- spent Saturday in the basement of my shed cleaning it out (more on that later!) since it was supposed to rain...it didnt.
- painted the fence on Sunday instead. But it is done, woohoo!!
Things that went right:
- Monday, Tuesday and Saturday meal plans
- the fence DID get painted, did I mention that yet?
- made a very yummy chocolate zucchini bread. I will definitely be making this again, maybe in a muffin form for portability. It's very good with a little cream cheese, which is what contributed to the next item
- managed to only spend like $7 on groceries (cream cheese for bread, dip for all the carrots, and 2-liter of Diet Dr. Pepper in a moment of weakness!)
- blanched and froze the broccoli, which is good since that won't last like the carrots will
- soaked and dried the oats for the bars
- I won TWO different giveaways on blogland this past week. Which is awesome. I will definitely be writing about them both when I get the goodies!
Anyway, onward and upward. This Week's menu is as follows:
- Monday - beef stew. It was supposed to be in the crockpot already, but since I didn't get up until almost 7:30 this morning, it didn't happen. I will start it on the stove before volleyball tonight, and then eat when I get home!
- Tuesday - Breakfast! Sourdough waffles and bacon. I plan on making extra waffles for the freezer. I also hope to get some beef enchiladas made for the freezer. Hubby really like the chicken ones, but thinks beef will be even better. Better than the burritos.
- Wednesday - Chicken stew in the crockpot. I'm making a large batch, and the leftovers will go to make some pasty-type things for the freezer.
- Thursday - Chicken nuggets with...probably broccoli since we have a bunch. Maybe some corn-on-the-cob if I get to the farm stand! I will finally have some money in the budget for grocery shopping, so this will happen today. I'm pretty excited! We have a local butcher I have yet to get to and I want to go on my lunch break, then the farm stand, and then the grocery store for a few other essentials...like light bulbs!
- Friday - still up in the air again this week. I will plan on grilling out. Burgers and corn. We'll see.
- Saturday - Busy, busy day of cookouts, etc. Nothing planned.
- Sunday - pizza! My to-do list for Sunday consists of everything on the not done list above :)
That's my menu for this week. Check out more menu's at The Organizing Junkie.