Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Adventures with Cauliflower Soup

Yes, you read that correctly, cauliflower soup. I myself was skeptical, but I'm expanding my horizons, and I'm glad that I did!! The original recipe came from Pioneer Woman. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Unfortunately, everyone liked the soup so much I didn't get a chance to take a picture. But it was delicious. I used ham stock and put in a little bit of ham I had in the freezer from the holidays. I omitted the salt as a result of that. So good! Have I said that yet :)

6 servings. 6 carbs per serving!

Ingredients
1/2stick butter
1/2onion
1/2carrot
1stalk celery
1cauliflower head (or two if they are small. You can also use frozen.)
2T parsley
2quarts stock (chicken, ham, veggie or beef will work)
1 1/2cup whipping cream
2t salt
1c sour cream
Directions
  1. Cut up cauliflower, celery and carrot into bit sized pieces. Place in roasting pan and roast at 375 for about a 1/2 hour. (This step isn't completely necessary, but I think it makes it tastier!)

  2. Melt butter in soup pot or a dutch over. Add diced onion and cook for a few minutes (I added garlic too!). Add roasted veggies and parsley. Stir to combine.

  3. Cover and cook on very low for 15 minutes.

  4. Pour in stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.

  5. Ladle about 1/2 of the soup into a blender or food processor and blend. Return to soup.

  6. Add cream and simmer on low for a few minutes. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.

  7. Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. Add 2-3 ladles of soup and mix with sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.

  8. Serve immediately.


Read more: http://caloriecount.about.com/cauliflower-soup-recipe-r314516#ixzz0d6s60JCP

No comments:

Post a Comment