Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Monday & Our Eating Habits


It's that time again already, I can't believe it! Last week flew by for me, and so did the weekend unfortunately.

Monday - spaghetti with homemade meat sauce. (I am trying Dreamfields pasta tonight, only 5 carbs per serving. I'm not exactly sure how they do it, but I'm willing to try it!)
Tuesday - crockpot greek chicken. (We did get to do this last week because we ended up going out on Friday for a birthday.) If I have time, we'll also have some roasted asparagus with this. But, we may be going to a movie with friends, so I might not get a chance!
Wednesday - crockpot Pot Roast with turnips
Thursday - chicken & broccoli stirfry
Friday - dinner at our neighbors
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - homemade pizza (I've made one on a l0w-carb tortilla. It's not the same, but it works! Hubby doesn't care for tortillas, especially if they're wheat, aka "poison", so I'll make a real crust for him.)

For more Monday Menus, visit orgjunkie.com!

In case anyone is wondering about our other meals, it's really simple!
For breakfast nearly every day I have a sausage, egg and cheese scramble. I freeze the sausage into portion sizes so in the morning I just pull a puck out, defrost it for a few seconds and scramble it all up!

Hubby gets a sausage and cheese biscuit in the mornings. I've been buying a big pack of Jimmy Dean premade sandwiches from Sams for convenience. I feel bad about it, but he asks for them. Recently, however, he's been asking me to take the egg off b/c he doesn't really like the texture of the egg. So, I've decided to make our own. Each Sunday I will make up some sausage patties and some biscuits. Then in the morning I will just warm them up and add a slice of cheese! Perfect.

Lunch for me is usually leftovers or some kind of salad with seasoned meat. I like to make up a big batch of taco meat on the weekend and then just eat off it during the week.

Lunch for Hubby makes me cringe to think about. He eats out of the machine at work now. I hate it! But he says he doesn't have anywhere to put a lunch if he takes it and doesn't always have time to eat. On days when he doesn't have time, he just comes home and fixes himself a sandwich or something. I try to keep sandwich fixings around so he can. He likes deli meat and chips. For all that I try to make things from scratch and keep things healthy and whole foods, my husband loves processed foods. Little Debbie snacks, pringles and deli ham. It kills me. I am trying little-by-little to convert him.

My friends have often said "just don't buy it. If it's not there, he can't help but eat the good stuff." Wouldn't that be nice? My husband instead will stop at the gas station in the morning and get fast food on his way home. Or, he will just not eat. Most people will say that he's a grown man and let him do what he wants. The problem is that my husband has an ulcer. Not eating is not good for him. He doesn't care most of the time, but as his wife, I feel that I've done him wrong by not providing food for him that he likes and will be good for him. So I'm taking baby steps.

Wow, that was a much longer post than I intended! Sorry!


1 comment:

  1. It all sounds good to me! We are watching our carbs and sugar over here, too.

    :)

    ReplyDelete