Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A happy new arrival!

They're here!


My seeds arrived last night, and I can't wait. I get to start seeds this weekend :)

And, my adventures in cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot were interesting. It gave a new meaning to falling off the bone. I think the only thing holding it together in the end was the skin! I got a lot of meat from it, but it was a greasy, gross, disgusting process. My husband tried to cut into it and it just collapsed from the inside out!



The meat wasn't that good though. So I think I will save roasting chickens for the weekend so I can roast it in the oven. It takes more to get the meat off the bone, but it tastes much better, in my opinion.

For this roast, I simply cut up some potatoes and carrots, added 1 cup of veggie stock and some onions and celery. I rinsed and patted dry the chicken then sprinkled it with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. I cooked it on high for 1 hour while I got ready in the morning and then on low for 8 hours.

I'll be making a bone broth this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment