Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Menu Monday


It's been a few days since I posted, sorry. It was another busy weekend, and the batteries in my camera were dead so, no pictures and no time! I did get a wonderful bonus at work Friday. Most of it went to debt payment and savings, along with our tax return, but Hubby and I did go shopping Saturday. And I got a carpet cleaner (Woohoo!! More on that later), and supplies to put a clothesline up in our bathtub upstairs. I also used a little to get some household supplies I had been putting off, so it was used wisely. I will post a financial update this week tool

As usual, last week's menu got a little mixed up, but worked wonderfully for the most part. The pork loin lasted longer than I anticipated so we at the rest of that Sunday for dinner instead of spaghetti. Yesterday I got more pizza dough made. This time I used a new recipe that utilized the yellow corn flower that I got. We'll see how that works out. I also made a batch of smoked sausage soup and some yummy chocolate pudding.

The last loaf of frozen bread was pulled from the freezer Friday and cut into Sunday. I toasted a few pieces to make some open-faced sandwiches with the pork roast. I warmed the roast, shredded it and then cleaned out the last bits of barbecue sauce from the bottle with some chicken stock and stirred it all up. I was delicious!!! I promised recipes for the pork chops ad pork loin, and I will get them up, I promise.

Now for the menu:

Monday - spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast
Tuesday - pork chops in a creamy dijon sauce with quinoa and asparagus
Wednesday - Panko chicken (at Hubby's request) and noodles
Thursday - Potato soup (and Chili in crockpot for lunch)
Friday - Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
Saturday - we will be out all day. Basketball in the morning, a birthday party at lunch and another birthday party for dinner. No cooking, no cleaning, nothing constructive :(
Sunday - pizza


And finally, I will be ordering seeds today! When I'm done, I'll get a list up here. Then some real discussion :) I will also be starting to read the book "Let It Rot", so I'm sure that will gain me some valuable insight to share with the world.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment