Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Natural Beauty Contest

A couple of years ago, I started to make the switch to more natural beauty products. Partly out of necessity (I have very weird skin) and partly out of a desire to lessen my footprint and my exposure to chemicals. The drawback is this can be a little more expensive than conventional products in most cases.

To help ease the economic burden of natural beauty products, Fig + Sage is having a contest to win some excellent prize packages:

Grand Prize #1:

One Valentines Day basket full of Fig+Sage approved pampering organic body careworth over $150. You'll receive the following full-size (except for the Suki Cleansing Bars) products: treats

(2) Suki Sensitive Cleansing Bars - Travel size ($5 retail/each)

(1) Dr. Hauschka Lemon Body Lotion ($26.95 retail)

(1) Dr. Hauschka Lavender Bath Oil ($29.95 retail)

(1) Dr. Hauschka Aromatherapy Bath Kit ($15.98 retail)

(1) Saaf Foot Balm ($44.95 retail)

(1) Pangea Organics Sage & Geranium Massage/Body oil ($24 retail)

A total value of $151.83!!!

********************************************

Grand Prize #2:

One Valentines Day basket full of Fig+Sage approved, pampering organic skin care products worth over $150. You'll receive the following full-size (except the Suki Sensitive Cleansing bar) products:

(1) Suki Sensitive Cleansing Bar - Travel size ($5 retail)

(1) Pangea Organics Green Mandarin With Sweet Lime Toner ($22 retail)

(1) Pangea Organics Ylang Ylang Facial Cream ($30 retail)

(1) Pangea Organics Fennel, Grapefruit & Orange Lip Balm ($12 retail)

(1) Dr. Hauschka Aromatherapy Bath Kit ($15.98 retail)

(1) Martina Gebhardt Rose Facial Lotion ($42 retail)

(1) Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream ($23.95 retail)

A total value of $150.93!!!

Go check it out and register!

My personal favorite line is Burt's Bees. I know they've been bought by Clorox, and I'm trying to deal with that. I love their grapefruit shampoo and conditioner, the soap bark facial cleanser, their body wash, the apricot face scrub, the carrot daily moisturizer and lavender facial toner. Unfortunately, the toner has been discontinued due to Clorox changing everything, and I'm pretty sure the cleanser changed it formulation. I'm going to attempt to make my own soon.

I also love their face mask, lip balm, cuticle cream, res-q ointment, hand salve, sunscreen, and pretty much everything else. I've been hesitant to buy their makeup due to the cost and the fact that I haven't been able to find a place to try it before I buy it. I really like their products because they're natural, have recycled and recycleable packaging (for the most part) and very reasonably priced for natural beauty products.

They've also pioneered the Natural Standard and state exactly what percentage of their products are all natural. In most cases, it's over 95%.

For makeup, I have a confession to make: I use MaryKay. My sister sells it, so I get it at a really great price. Now, I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I have this thing where my nose gets flaky and red ALL the time. I look like Rudolph. Therefore, I like their concealer. It's an addiction I'm working on. I haven't bought any new in a while and I'm looking for a more natural alternative. I'd really like to try Bare Minerals too, but again, it's a little cost-prohibitive.

I have to say though, my favorite moisturizer is straight up almond oil (I use the Burts Bees combo of creme and toner after I get out of the shower, and the almond oil when I get ready in the morning and before bed). It's the only thing that keeps my dry, flaky nose in check. It's still red, but at least it's getting better. Sometimes I mix in some clary sage and rosemary oils, sometimes not.

Anyone else have natural remedies that work better than the expensive or conventional products?

No comments:

Post a Comment