Here's the recipe for the soup, it's very good! My husband even loved it!
Smoked Sausage Soup (serves 8)
|1/2||lb smoked sausage|
|1||celery stalk, diced (or celery seed)|
|2||garlic cloves, diced|
|32||oz. chicken broth|
|1||can diced tomato|
|1/2||cup dry barley (or rice or grain of choice)|
|1||bag baby spinach|
- Cut sausage into bite-sized pieces and brown in skillet.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes.
- Add broth tomatoes and grain, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered 15-20 minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add Spinach, stirring until it wilts.
- *I added extra water to this and it turned out great. The chicken broth just didn't seem like enough liquid to me when it all got in the pot.
- *This also freezes very well!