Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

So glad it's Friday!

I woke up this morning to find out it was -15F outside. Windchill put it at -33F. Wonderful. Our bedroom was still surprisingly warm though. Last week I sealed up the attic entrance that is at the back of our bedroom closet and it seemed to help a little, but that entire wall isn't insulated against the cold that sits in there, so it still gets cold. And being such an old house, the upstairs doesn't heat well anyway. In fact, the vent in our bedroom is right at the ceiling! Any hot air that makes it upstairs ends up sitting at the ceiling anyway. I'd like to get a ceiling fan for the room, but there are low ceilings. Pair that with a hubby who's 6'2", and disaster could be eminent.

For now, I try and remember to keep the closet closed to insulate part of that wall (though all my clothes are cold when I put them on!) and use my heating pad at my feet at night. We also have a little space heater, but don't like to run it while we're asleep, so we don't use it much.

So though it's been a rough few months, and a really rough week, I am thankful for many things. I am thankful my car started this morning and was able to get me to work. I am thankful my house is warm and there is food for me to eat. And I am thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life. I am even thankful for the snow, I really do love it. And, it kinda insulates us a little...right?


I think this pictures from Sunday really illustrates the snow nicely :) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment