Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Adventures in Going Green at work

As of yesterday, I am in charge of communicating to my peers at work how and why to go green. I get 3-4 minutes for a powerpoint and need to break it down as simply as possible. It's harder than I thought it was going to be.

A little about me: I love to research. I love to compile information and then present it cohesively, I really do. It's probably why I should really by in journalism (like my degree says) rather than design. But, you go where the job is. Anyway, my problem lies in being concise. I love sharing information, probably way too much. Hubby calls me "Captain Explaino" and I usually deserve it. But who do people come to when they need information? That's right, me.

So my struggle here is to impart information on a subject I am passionate about into a short 3-4 minute powerpoint. I could seriously get up and have a conversation with the group for probably and hour or two without a problem, but all I get is 3-4 minutes.

So today I am praying for clarity of mind and patience. And I'm thinking about handouts :) Do you think it'd be over-the-top to suggest starting a compost bucket in the kitchen?

2 comments:

  1. I think you should start with bottles/cans/glass containers & go from there. LOL Compost might scare people. ;) Good luck & I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you're probably right. I started recycling cans/bottles and paper last spring and it's going pretty well, I thought maybe we'd step it up a notch. I'd even offer to take it home to my bin, but I think my Hubby would be a bit weirded out by that one. He thought it was gross when I brought a container of pig and chicken poop home from Mom's :)

    ReplyDelete