Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Menu Monday (Tuesday)

I know I'm late. Sorry. Way too busy at work yesterday to post. But Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

Last week, well, let's just say I tried and keep it at that.

This week, I've got a plan again and I'll hope to follow it.

Monday - chili (I ate mine with a baked potato)
Tuesday - chicken parm
Wednesday - beef stew
Thursday - smoked sausage soup
Friday - At Grandma's Birthday Party!
Saturday - Homemade Pizza
Sunday - At Nathan and Kira's?

As much as I love soup and stews, I know Hubby's getting a little tired of them. He has also stated he doesn't want anything with little cut up bits of meat...so the chicken parm is going to be real chicken parm. And it also means I can't get away with the two of us splitting less than two breasts of chicken. He'll want a huge portion of meat, which means food is more expensive...sigh. Now that he's back on the field for work and walking almost 30 miles a day while pushing a 100lb spreader I can't really deny him his nourishment. I just wish I could get him to change his perspective a bit :)

5 comments:

  1. Not that this surprises you, but if Doug started demanding certain things for dinner, I'd smack the crap out of him & point him in the direction of the kitchen. :D You are a good wife! I'll see if I can think of some "big meat" easy recipes to pass your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. He doesn't so much demand. It goes..."could you not..." and then if I do he whines, doesn't eat it and then makes himself sick because he doesn't eat (ulcer). Fun. I try to be a good wife sometimes, but most times it's like being a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im the same way Sara :) the only male that complains is Loche and that doesnt last to long... Angie is a good wife to Joe seeing his so cranky with her sometimes! but now that his back on the field i can see why he would want more protien. I'll be sure to serve up heartier protiens on my friday nites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, I just found your blog. Look forward to reading more!

    I just moved from the city to the country and we're trying to live a more simple life, so I really love blogs such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Hot Belly Mama, glad to have you as a reader! If you ever have any questions about something, feel free to ask. I LOVE researching so if you have a question I haven't addressed in my day-to-day life blogging, let me know and I'll get the info for you. I'm always looking for topics. I'm sure the blog world gets tired of my life sometimes :) Good luck on your switch, it should be fun!

    ReplyDelete