Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Adventures of an Indoor Garage Sale

This Saturday I woke up at 5:45am to take my hubby to work. My friend Kira and her son walked over at about 6:15am and we headed off. We met my mom and went to an indoor garage sale in a high school by her house. It started at 8am and we were actually EARLY!! (I'm never early). I thought it was going to be a dud, by turned out to be very fruitful.

For a grand total of $10, I got the following:

An awesome giant Brita filter. It didn't have a filter or the digital thing on top, but I have a pitcher in my fridge, a bunch of filters I bought at Sams. Awesome!
A beautiful Sterilite container. Perfect for my potatoes, onions and garlic in the pantry.

I also found a box of jars that had about 6 little ones and 7 older jars, the kind with the glass lids and metal bars holding them on. My mom thinks she even has a box of the rubber seals for these jars somewhere in her basement!

And finally a few books. One is an old math book, one is a book all about the great benefits of apple cider vinegar, another is a story book "Angels watching over me" and finally an older book called "Home and family living" that looks quite interesting. They are the four stuffed on top of the bookshelf.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good haul, especially for about 20 minutes of shopping. We were done by 8:25am. Crazy.

And, at last, I have started some seeds.

After doing so, I was actually a little worried. I realized there was no place in my house where it was at least 70 degrees. No where. So, I had to get creative. I decided to put them under the grow light in the basement and cover the tray in plastic. I'm hoping it gets a little warmer under there than it is everywhere in the house. I'm just worried about the light. We'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll try again when it's a little warmer out and I can actually get some sunlight in the house. I have sown 16 onion and 2 broccoli (a few seeds per "pot").

Pray for my seeds everyone. Hopefully I'll have a good update in a bout a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment