Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

I've been remiss...

in the blog world. I haven't been blogging this week, and I'm sorry. Sometimes life takes over!

But I'm back, and I'll try to be more persistent.

Today my mom sent me a link to this site. She and my youngest sister are going to be making blankets and other warm things for babies in Appalachia. I am going to try and help out as well. Mom and I are going to a huge indoor garage sale this weekend and will be looking for fabric or old clothes as well as canning items and anything useful for the garden.

Last night I sat down and really planned out when and where things need to be planted. It's a start! Hoping to get the light up in the basement tonight!

Oh, and I exchanged my yogurt successfully yesterday, got my $1 back from the coupon and got a gallon of organic milk for just $3.66 (but I have to use it up this week). I will also be baking Amish Friendship bread this evening thanks to Sara! Anyone want a starter?

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Enjoy your bread! :) I have some fabric I need to get to your mom for the Appalacia cause. Do you think Ana would be willing to be hired for a small sewing project I have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to. She is actually working on saving money for a mission trip this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!

    So happy to have your help!

    Rachel
    www.rachelcox.blogspot.com
    Mountain Baby Blankets

    ReplyDelete